Below is a brief summary of new topics that will now be included in the reformed GCSE 2015.
- Use of pi and surds
- both of these forms of notation will expected as an alternative way to express correct answers.
- Reverse percentages
- Factorising quadratics
- methods including difference of two squares.
- Basic trigonometry
- right angle problems
- angles of depression and elevation.
- Circle properties (not theorems)
- length of arcs, areas of sectors and in terms of a multiple of pi.
- notation, sum and difference of vectors, scalars and resultants.
- Venn and tree diagrams
- Standard form
- Compound interest
- Simultaneous equations
- Direct and inverse proportion
- Fractional SF transformations
- Conditional probabilities
- Frequency trees
- Recall exact values of trig values for sin/cos 0, 30, 45, 60, 90
- Recall tan exact values for 0, 30, 45, 60
A more detailed summary will follow soon but in the meantime more can be find in the document DfE GCSE 2015.